Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report shared via Content Pack without background

I have various reports shared via content pack but one of them is not loading the background. I've published the report from Power BI Desktop to my account and then I shared it via content pack to some users. In Power BI Desktop and my account everything is fine but all the other users can't see the background. I deleted the background and reload it before publish again without solving the problem. I think this is a Power BI bug.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Soares,

Do you mean the report background color or background image is missing when users get the report from organizational content pack? 

Does the issue only happen to this one specific report? I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side, lease let the users check again. If issue still exists, please share the pbix file with us if possible. You can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox, send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Soares
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, thanks for the reply.

It's the background image is missing and it only happens with one report.

I have the same template for almost all the reports, I create them by copying the .pbix file and then I change the data source settings (live connected via Analisys Server) and the visualizations.

As I can not share the .pbix file because the sensitive content I'm going to be more specific:

I have 3 corporate accounts DEV, TEST and PROD, I test how the users view the content by sharing the reports via content pack between these accounts. Each account works with a different Server/Database, the reports of DEV account are connected to a DEV Server, the reports of TEST account are connected to a TEST Server and the reports of PROD account are connected to a PROD Server. The database name of the 3 servers are equal and the data is almost the same, only the values are different.

I have the same reports in each account, only the data source settings of each report change.

Ex:

DEV:

Report X (Connected to server DEV and db X) Report Y (Connected to server DEV and db Y) Report Z (Connected to server DEV and db Z)

TEST:

Report X (Connected to server TEST and db X) Report Y (Connected to server TEST and db Y) Report Z (Connected to server TEST and db Z)
PROD:

Report X (Connected to server PROD and db X) Report Y (Connected to server PROD and db Y) Report Z (Connected to server PROD and db Z)

Then I create a content pack of PROD and shared it with DEV, the reports X and Y are fine but the Z is missing the background and top right corner small image.

Like this:Reports X and YReports X and Y

Report ZReport Z

Sorry for the long post, I don't know if I was clear in my explanation.