Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report ran out of Memory

Good afternoon,

is anyone else currently getting an error message stating 

Unexpected Error

We're sorry. The report ran out of memory, and the application must close?

I get this while opening a desktop file, only seems to happen on one spcific file, others seem ok.

Cache has been cleared

Or has anyone any idea of how to open t report in safe mode. if that exists?

thanks

Mike

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

1. Please start Power BI desktop application, then click on File -> open to open this specific report to see if the same issue occurs. 

2. Please run 64 bit version Power BI desktop if possible. You can also try the August version Power BI desktop: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the reply.

I have just noticed that IT packaged the software up as 64bit but the 32bit version has installed. I will get that corrected and try again

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still facing the issue with my POWERBI desktop file as "Report ran out of Memory". PLease share resolution if your had got resolved

CWPRenewables
Frequent Visitor

I am getting the same error.

At first I thought it was because my pbix was too big, but its only 20 MB in size.

I have noticed when i open the repport it "expands" to a whopping 10 GB in Memory.

The report is accessing a PostgreSQL DB via an ODBC connector.

Something is clearly wrong with my report, but this has become unworkable, I can't even get into Power Query to make a change without the report running out of memory!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had raise ticket and there was issue when open PBIX file with new version of software.Microsoft team has done detailed investigation and did fix on service where some duplication was happening at backend.

So suggest raise incident or ticket.