Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report page background image not scaling online

On a report published from Desktop to the online service, Background images don't appear to scale correctly.

While all the visuals scale correctly, background images stay at the "original size", when the report is changed to "fit to page" view. "Fit to width" seems to scale OK.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@damouk,

Do you use Power BI Desktop November release(2.64.5285.701)? And how do you set the Image fit option? I test the scenario as yours, backgroud image scales as expected when I change the report to "Fit to page" view.
1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Yes I'm using the latest Power BI November Desktop application and publishing online.

The background image is set to "fit". but here's how it appears online, followed by how it should appear from desktop:

My image is the exact dimension of the report page (note that I've cropped this to a partial screenshot to remove some information).

Power BI Online bug 1.pngPower BI Online bug 2.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Would you mind sharing me a PBIX file containing dummy data? And do you apply other formatting settings to the report?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Did you find a solution to this issue?  I'm having the same problem.  "Image Fit" is set to "Fit", however it changes to "Normal" when published in dashboard view.  Once you enter report view, it's back to "fit" again.

Thanks,

Quinn