Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report not switched properly from DQ to IMPORT during design - PBIRS Metadata Incorrect.

I have found a BUG in Power BI Desktop Optimized for Report Server when designing a report in DIRECT QUERY mode and subsequently switching to IMPORT mode... Everything works in Power BI Desktop, but once published the PBIRS metadata definitions are not set correctly to reflect all the data sources are now in IMPORT mode and some metadata elements (in dbo.Catalog and in dbo.DataModelDataSource) still reflect DIRECT QUERY.

I posted all the details about it here on 05-30-2019 01:46 PM & 05-31-2019 07:22 AM: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Couldn-t-connect-Unsupported-keyword/m-p/704366/highl...

Despite finding a clumsy workaround and posting extensive details about the BUG, I never heard back from anybody at Microsoft about it.

Fortunately, another community user ( bokhorsts ) subsequently posted on ‎09-03-2019 05:19 AM to confirm he also experienced this BUG and confirmed that my workaround did solve the part of the problem I was concerned with. Furthermore, he also found something I missed in the incorrectly set metadata definition and a corresponding workaround complement to mine to address it. As it turns out, his workaround complement helped restore the ability to schedule a data refresh on the report from PBIRS.

Can somebody from Microsoft please look into these posts to help find and implement a fix in the next release of Power BI Desktop Optimized for Report Server (and PBIRS) for the benefit of the Power BI Report Server community?

Thank you!

P.S.: I had to post this from my other business email account because I kept getting errors when trying to post from my martin.turcotte@epqgouv.qc.ca.onmicrosoft.com account.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mturcotte , 

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu