Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report name/folder name truncation in tiles view

I observed some cases in our on premise power bi report server that folder name, report name (last character) is trucated in tiles view.

it's not so consistent that sometimes it wraps to second row and sometimes it just trucates the last character.

what's the reason and how to fix?

first picture: t is truncated from settlement

second picture: t is truncated from account

truncated folder name.jpgtruncated report name.jpg

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@coralyan,

What is the version of your Power BI report server? And what web browser do you use?

I make a test on my side and unable to reproduce this issue, I am using 15.0.2.557 Power BI report server version.
0.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

coralyan

@v-yuezhe-msft

I checked the version I use is the same as yours. 

Could it be configuration which makes the truncation?? And what could it be?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@coralyan,

Have you tried in other web browsers? Does the issue occur for all types of reports (Power BI report and RDL reports)?

Regards,
Lydia

coralyan

@v-yuezhe-msft

I've tried Chrome, same results as IE. This issue happens on both RDL/paginated reports as well as power bi.

This truncation not only happens on reports, also on folder name. The screenshots i pasted, 1 case is folder name and the other is report name.

I am doubting it may have something to do with configuration but don't know what it is

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@coralyan,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side, and I haven't found any configuration settings related to this. I would recommend you open a support ticket in Power  BI Support site.

Support Ticket.gif

Regards,
Lydia

chri55mith
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. Seemingly randon names are being truncated on the report server. The first image below the tile displays 'B3.1' but the title is actually 'B3.1.6 NSS Faculty and Department Performance (Name Test)' as per the second image.

Using Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - January 2019)

nametest1.pngnametest2.png