Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Report links

Hello everyone!

I am using Power BI Desktops and Power BI Reports Server.

Problem occurs when I am sending the link for a report via mobile app:

(Ios 12.3 phone, PBI lastest version from the AppStore installed)

• When I send over a link via email, over Imessenger or sms:3.jpg

User receives a link and report description. If user attempts to open it, the following issues arise:

• Using computer: user gets into a cloud version of PBI, or gets a list of reports on the server, but the report itself wouldn’t open.
  • Using mobile: The AppStore link opens up, user gets a dialog window “install/open” PBI app and then a list of reports on the server app comes up2.JPG

• When link is sent via WhatsApp messenger: only a window screenshot is sent.

I would like a screenshot to be sent with a report link attached to it. Also, I would like to open a link and get straight to the report itself, ideally with filters.

The situation is similar with Android phone and latest version from PlayMarket. However, in apps I tested so far, screenshot is sent with a link. When clicking the link, the behavior would be identical to IOS, screenshot is sent only. So here I also would like it to do the following:

Receive the screenshot with a link and when I hit the link I would like to get straight to the report, preferably with filters.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

From current description, I have something concerned as follows:

• Do you publish a PBIX report to Power BI Report Server rather than Power BI Service?
  • You said "sending the link for a report via mobile app", do you mean share the PBIX report directly via the report URL copied from web address? 
  • How do you use Mobile App? Do end users open Mobile App (which is connected to PBI report server) to view the report list? Or click the shared report link from received email then open report in Mobile App?
  • Is there any subscription created in your scenario?

I was not very clear about your requirement, your wanted menthod to share report. Please provide more detailed description.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @v-yulgu-msft .

• Do you publish a PBIX report to Power BI Report Server rather than Power BI Service?

Yes.

• You said "sending the link for a report via mobile app", do you mean share the PBIX report directly via the report URL copied from web address? 

I want to share a link to a report from a mobile application.

• How do you use Mobile App? Do end users open Mobile App (which is connected to PBI report server) to view the report list? Or click the shared report link from received email then open report in Mobile App?

End users send each other links to reports, after clicking on the links, should open the report in the application.

• Is there any subscription created in your scenario? 

Please explain the question in more detail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft hello,

Do you have any more questions? Need to change the status of the idea

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft Why don't you answer anything? Support the forum are you alive?)