I am facing the issue when we select/de-select "Require single selection" property for Page/Report level filter and save it in web service/Power BI desktop, it is again reverting these changes. I have started facing this issue from past 2 days.
Does the issue occur for all reports? Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version, make sure you have clicked Save to save the change. You can reopen the report to see if the change is disappear.
In Power BI service, also make sure you have saved the change. After you refresh the report and in view mode, the "Require single selection" should be grayed and checked if you already select this option before saving the change.
Best Regards,Qiuyun Yu
I'm getting this issue now too - presenting in a very similar way to the original poster.
When you open the report, one of the report-level filters is set to Single Select. You can turn this off in PBI Desktop, but when you save the file and re-open it (or even if you refresh the data) that filter reverts to single-select.
It is only happening with one of our fields and on one of our reports.
We're on the November update of the Desktop client. We are using an SSAS data source in case that's relevant.
Any advice would be appreciated!
EDIT: Further wierdness. You can temporarily work around the issue by turning off single select and setting the filter to 'Advanced Filtering'. This doesn't appear to revert - but as soon as you turn it back to Basic Filtering, it reverts to Single Select again! So frustrating!
I have additional information on this issue and can reproduce it. What is happening is, in PBI Desktop, it is possible to have different settings on a report level filter across pages. This SHOULD NOT be possible, because the filter is report-level!
If you do steps 1-5 and then publish to the service or PBI Report Server, you'll find that whether you see the 'require single select' option checked (and, you can't change it from here) depends on which page you are on when you expand the Filter pane. Again, this is presumably not by design.
So the workaround is (in PBI Desktop):
I am sure this is not the intended process!