Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Report changes don't show until "Reset to Default" is clicked

I'm working with another developer, and we both have access to the same App Workspace. The other Dev has published some changes, including new report pages. I can download the PBIX file from the Workspace and see the changes just fine.

BUT, if I look at the report on the Workspace, it does NOT show the changes. I have to click the "Reset to default' button for NEW REPORT PAGES to show up for me.

I thought the "Reset to default" button was only supposed to be for the 'persistent filters' functionality, NOT for actual entire report pages?!?

I have seen this TWICE now, and I think it's a BUG. If that is the intended functionality, then someone need to re-work the specs on what happens when somone deploys a report to an App Workspace.

The first time it happened, the developer herself could not see her own report changes until she clicked that button. We tried clearing the browser cache, and it wasn't until she used a browser that had never before connected to Power BI Service did we see TWO different version of the same report for the same user (the old version in the old browser, and the new version in the new browser).

What is going on?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@ToddChitt,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. New report pages appear for the users immediately as long as they refresh the browser after I publish a new version of PBIX file to replace the existing dataset in the APP workspace.

As your post,"Reset to default" button was only supposed to be for the 'persistent filters' functionality. Have you changed values in slicer in the old Power BI report?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

ToddChitt
Super User

I just saw it again, sort of. 

I have been working on a report and publishing it several times along the way, as many as three or four times yesterday. 

Today, when I logged in to Power BI, I saw a version that was like TWO WEEKS OLD. 

I'm guessing that this has something to do with browser cached pages, but shouldn't there be some type of communication between Power BI Service and the browser to tell it that the page it has cached is wickedly expired and that it should get refreshed?

I still say something is wrong somewhere.

DrDataScientist
Regular Visitor

I'm encontering this issue and it's pretty bad. Nothing I do shows the report propertly until I have to click in [Reset to Default] This seems to be a bug, needs to be addresses ASAP.

Jainaba
Frequent Visitor

I agree ! i keep running into the same thing! its Annoying I dont understand what is goint on. 

SasVer
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue.
Whan a user applies filters, he sees no data and when I do the same I get different results with exactly the same filtering.

Does someone already have a solution?

DrDataScientist
Regular Visitor

I have to say we are running into this issue in my company and has become a NIGHTMARE for the business side!!! Please find a fix, this is more like a BUG than anything else!!!

Katie-Farrand12
Helper I

I have the same problem. Have to select "reset to default" to see the latest changes on a published report. Strange that it is only on one page of the entire report. Seems like a bug.