Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Server (March 2018) - Map not working anymore

Hi Team,

I have got an issue with the new update for Report Server (March 2018). We had a map that was running fine in a Dashboard in the Oct 2017 version but it disappeared in the new version. Have you guys received any complaints about this problem? 

The map works fine in the Desktop app but it disappears when loaded to the Report Server Portal. 

I have tried deleting the report and recreating it again, but no luck.

Any suggestions or date for a fix? (We really can't wait another 6 months for a fix)

Thanks guys,

Powerbi Desktop.JPGIn Report Server.JPG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does the issue happen to this one report or all reports in web portal? Which kind of field do you use to locate in the map visual? 

Based on my test in the latest Power BI report server version 15.0.2.378, the map visual works fine. See: 

q3.PNG

In your scenario, make sure you are running the latest Power BI report server version as ours. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ferzfeld
Advocate II

We are having the exact same issue in our projects.

Upgraded the PBI Report Server to the March update and now reports that use the maps visual do not show data anymore in the visuals 😞

PLEASE look into this quickly and provide a workaround or fix!

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Powerbi is Version 15.0.2.378 (March 2018) and the data is coming from SSAS (direct query) thanks for looking into it @v-qiuyu-msft

Some news on this issue.. it is working now.. Nothing that we did, it just started to work this morning. @ferzfeld I suggest restarting the service. Given that we didn't do anything, I think this should help fix the problem.

Thanks Guys,

ferzfeld
Advocate II

@Anonymous Thank you for the suggestion, will suggest this to the IT operations team.

The map-problem is sort of inconsistence. Sometimes the maps do actually work, but it is not reliable and also browser, computer and user independent. 

So Microsoft please look into this issue, we are in the middle of going live with Power BI here at our company and this issue could be a show stopper for the whole project 😞

If you need any information from our end I'll be happy to provide it

Kind Regards

Frank

DSG-Lux
Helper I

Dear all,

I can confirm this issue. 

PBI Report Server  1.2.6660.39920 (March 2018)

and bundled client  Version: 2.56.5023.1043 64-bit (March 2018)

Connecting to SSAS tabular model and the "filled map" and map is no more working. 

I did 2 times restart the service and the maps are still not working. 

I expect an immediate fix for this issue because I requested the update only due to the new map features.

EDIT: 

It is not working in Chrome: 

Capture.PNG

In IE 11 it works. However, we do not use IE 11.

best regards, Sebastian 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous Thank your for your sharing. 🙂

@ferzfeld Does your report also get data from SSAS tabular in a live connection?

Does the issue occur after restarting Power BI report server service?

Does the issue happen to Chrome browser only? 

@DSG-Lux I have replied in your thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu