Reproduction Steps (Tested on Chrome and Edge):
1) Create a report with at least 2 distinct data sources
2) Deploy report to Power BI Report Server May or September 2021 (bug was introduced in May and wasn't fixed in September)
3) Configure the data sources correctly, refresh the report
4) Try to modify the credentials of the second data source
5) Notice that the save button doesn't light-up, you cannot save your modification
6) Workaround: Change anything in the first data source (just delete and retype a single character). Now you can save.
I tried the steps above and it is working fine. Try to upgrade browser version and clear cache.
Hello @v-chuncz-msft, thank you for looking into this.
I tried clearing both my browsers caches and I repeated the steps again on both Report Server May 2021 and September 2021 with both Chrome and Edge, I still encountered the issue in all 4 tests.
Chrome is version: 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Edge is version: Version 92.0.902.62 (Official build) (64-bit)
Note that this issue started occuring to us immediately after the update to May 2021 and has been systematic on all of our 7 servers.
Our setup of Report Server is fairly standard, the only significant changes being that we deactivated HTTP (accepting only HTTPS) and we changed <AuthenticationTypes> for <RSWindowsNegotiate/> and <RSWindowsNTLM/> in this order.
I can reproduce it with Power BI Report Server Version: 15.0.1107.146 September 2021 and Edge version 94.0.992.50 (Official build) (64-bit). The issue is reported internally and I will keep you posted with any updates.
Thanks for sharing the workaround. We’ve identified the issue and fix will be available in November. Please be patient to wait for fixing.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.