Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Printing issue from Powerbi Service

I am trying to print a report from PowerBI service. As per instructions, I followed these steps - Click on Report Name -> File -> Print Current Report page. However, a mysteriously a line comes in the print preview which is actually not on the report and it also gets printed. I tried many times but this happens each and every time with all the report and their pages. Could you please help me understand what the underlying issue is? I have attached the screenshot. Using Google Chrome version 55.0.2883.87 m (64-bit).

Blank Report PageBlank Report PageLine appears on same report when printingLine appears on same report when printing

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rahul_dhamnani

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 30769900

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Currently you can use some other browsers like Edge/IE which should not have this issue.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

rahul_dhamnani
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft,  Thank you! Yes, please update here.

I tried on IE 11, it removes all the background detailing from the reports and there is very limited functionality to format report before printing.

Since, I am on Win7, Edge is not an option.

Print functionality is very important for my Leadership team.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rahul_dhamnani

Instead of going file option -> print if you click Control + P (shortcut for print) you won't see that extra line.

Best Regards,

Herbert

rahul_dhamnani
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft, Thank you!!! This worked!! 

Best regards,

Rahul Dhamnani

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rahul_dhamnani

Power BI Team will also track this issue in their system and maybe fix it in the future. Now you can use this workaround.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

daltsy

Thank you @v-haibl-msft

This saved some headaches for me also.

gufiorini
Regular Visitor

Hi guys,

I'm facing an print problem. Each time I tried ajust the margins the report became lower.  I can't ajust the correct layout.

Can you guys help me?