Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Page Tooltip stopped showing on hover-over

Hello,

The hover-over tooltip has stopped working online.  I see a post from July saying it was fixed, but it just stopped working for us.

The hover-over tooltip works on the desktop version, but once published, it does not work in the workspace or the App.Hover Over Tooltop Not Working Power BI.jpg

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly same symptons: Tooltips work in Chrome, but in IE all we get is <black arrow>.

Standard Operating Environment for the company is to use IE, but we are being forced to tell people to use Chrome..

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 155725513. ETA 11/15. Please use different browsers except IE 11 and Edge till issue is fixed. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

henmor
Advocate I
andsil
Regular Visitor

Since last week some of our users get the same error, BUT both in IE and Chrome. However, the error is not only about the tooltip only showing an arrow, but also if you open a report in editing mode there are other things not visual. Some of the icons in the Visualizations menu are hidden, and the icons for settings of Fields, Analytics etc are also hidden. However, even if hidden they are still possible to choose. It's like a transparency is set to 100%. The errors occurs just for some of our users, and regardless if the have the "New look" activated or not.

Capture.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@henmor Our team member v-chuncz-msft already updated the informatin in the thread. 

@andsil As this thread is talking about the tooltip issue, I would suggest you create a new thread in this forum to report other issues. Thank you for your understand and support. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

andsil
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft  Well, as I suspected the error I wrote about was related to the error of the tooltip. The behavior of the error was the same, and it started to work normal again at the same time as the tooltip.

🙂