Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Page Tooltip (Preview) is not working in PBI services

Last month we created a PBI report with this tooltip preview feature and published to services, Which was working fine at that time. Whenever we did mouse over to that visual it responded to that filters applied to that visual.

From yesterday it's not responding to that filters applied to that visual (only in services), In PBI desktop its woking fine still.

PBI Desktop:

PBI Desktop.PNG

PBI Services:

PBI Services.PNG

Is there any issue with services or do we need to enable any setting in services, Without doing anything same feature was working fine earlier.

Thanks,

Dinesh J.

Comments
mjmmet
Frequent Visitor

I am using a standard stacked column visual.  i downloaded the latest PBI version and republished the report, but still not seeing the tooltip when hovering over the columns

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual

So to fix this you can 'Edit Report' on the service and renable the Tool Tip option to have it turned 'ON', I guess the new PBI Service update must have turned them to off by default. This will fix it.tool tip.PNG

mjmmet
Frequent Visitor

That did the trick. thank you!  seems you have to do it every time the report is published.

arthastic
Advocate I

hi!

I have the same problem.

Looks like the new release of PowerBI Service has bugs.

Renabling the TT option doesn't work for me.