Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Page Tooltip (Preview) is not working in PBI services

Last month we created a PBI report with this tooltip preview feature and published to services, Which was working fine at that time. Whenever we did mouse over to that visual it responded to that filters applied to that visual.

From yesterday it's not responding to that filters applied to that visual (only in services), In PBI desktop its woking fine still.

PBI Desktop:

PBI Desktop.PNG

PBI Services:

PBI Services.PNG

Is there any issue with services or do we need to enable any setting in services, Without doing anything same feature was working fine earlier.

Thanks,

Dinesh J.

Comments
Rahal
Frequent Visitor

Hey, 

Got the same problem since yesterday.

bhavesh-jadav
Helper I

I am also facing same issue where report page tooltip is not working on service where as on desktop it works perfectly fine.

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue also.  Working on desktop but not on the web.   Started today for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here...

It IS still in preview, so "buyer beware" applies.  Perhaps someone from Microsoft can respond to this thread when a resolution is available?

edwardrmiles
Helper III

same issue here

Joe
Advocate II
Advocate II

same issue here. Works fine in desktop .Does not work in service.  The tool tip numbers do not change when I hover my mouse over the bars in a bar chart. Works fine in desktop. 

Joe
Advocate II
Advocate II

Since  this feature appears to be unstable, we are going back to the old tool tips .

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Based on my test, report page tooltip is working on my side. Would you please test again on your side to see if the issue persists. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Here

After I download .pbix file from cloud, pbi desktop throws warning saynig some visuals may differ until I upgrade to next version (not released yet - seriously ms guys???)

One of many examples that stopped working

Desktop (OK): (monthly x axis)

tooltip_desktop.jpg 

All measures (in tooltip page) show right numbers (from Sept 2017) - sorry I had to cover it

This is in cloud (NOT OK): (monthly x axis)

tooltip_appPbi.jpg

All measures (in tooltip page) show wrong numbers - calculated from all data

Another example where the tooltip page displayed 'drilled down trend' within few days around 'hover X value'

Desktop (OK): (daily x axis)

recent_trend_desktop.jpg

Cloud (NOT OK): (daily x axis)

recent_trend_appPbi.jpg

I know it is just preview feature, but you could at least send some warning about nature of that change. Compare how filters were passed then and how are they now, so people like me dont have to spend hours reverse-engineering it...

Best Regards

Filip K.

And I hope you switch back...

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual

I am having the opposite in fact, the tool tip is not working on the Desktop and is working fine on PBI Service.