Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Navigation Issue - Bookmarks don't 'stick' when navigating between pages

Hello,

I have a Power BI report published to an app in the Power BI service.

When navigating between report pages, I have noticed that bookmarks I set on a given page do not 'stick' if I navigate away from the report page and then back to the page the bookmark was set on.  Instead, the page depicts the default bookmark (Summary View), but with the Matrix in it's collapsed 'highest-level only' form.

This occurs with 3 different reports published to the same report.

Does anyone else have this same experience, and is there a way to ensure the chosen bookmark 'sticks' during a users' session? Or is there an alternative workflow you might recommend?

Thanks!

1) Default Summary view displayed when first navigating to report page titled 'PO Monitoring'

ldittmann970_4-1622745560235.png

2) Select PO Monitoring 'Table View' Bookmark

ldittmann970_1-1622744612050.png

3) Navigate away to a different page (Invoice Monitoring) by choosing it from the pages listed on the left-hand App bar (no bookmarks in common on this page with the 1st page)

ldittmann970_2-1622744858383.png

4) Navigate back to the PO Monitoring page by choosing it in the left-hand App bar, and we see that the page has reverted back to the Summary view bookmark, but with a 'rolled up' version of the matrix.  We would expect to have the 'Table View' bookmark still showing here, insteadof this random view of the page that is not the default view nor a bookmarked view.  

ldittmann970_3-1622745139136.png

5) We have tried updating the bookmarks to ensure all visuals are set as desired at the time of the bookmark creation without success.

Your assistance in making this a smoother workflow between pages would be much appreciated!

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ldittmann970 

It works between pages in the same report. You may share feedback via Ideas to help improve Power BI.