Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Editor Weird Behavior

When editing text field in in the Format dialog (Title Text etc. any designer typed text field) control of the field "hops" out of the field after the first typed character. It's pretty annoying because if you aren't looking at the input going into the field as you type (I'm an advanced hunt-and-peck typist) you end up typing into oblivion until you look up to notice just the leading character in the text box, all alone. It seems to happen only the first time user cursor control is passed to the text entry box, after this happens it's possible to go back into the box and finish as normal. 

1. Before any entry, I want to type "Label"1. Before any entry, I want to type "Label"2. Enter field with cursor2. Enter field with cursor3. depress shift+L , control dumps cursor control out3. depress shift+L , control dumps cursor control out

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @WizardWalksBy,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 69939070. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @WizardWalksBy,

We are estimating that the fix will reach service around 10/1/2018. For desktop, the fix will be in November release.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @WizardWalksBy,

The issue is fixed in Power BI desktop October version 2.63.3272.40262. Please update your desktop version and test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu