Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report Canvas Locked at Top of Screen and Visuals Glitching when Resized to Bottom of Canvas

I am experiencing a very strange issue with the following symptoms:

• New reports are no longer centered on the canvas but appear at the top of the screen;
  • When I attempt to resize certain visuals (such as the table visual) to reach the bottom of the canvas, they leap back and forth uncontrollably and do not make visual contact with the bottom of the canvas.

Both started after the most recent update (Version: 2.72.5556.701 64-bit (August 2019)) with the new Filters experience.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may check the links below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft,

Thank you for providing the link to the new updates; I am glad to see this is due to a feature change. Unfortunately, it does not appear that changing this applies to reports that were created after the setting was added in for March, which is rather frustrating.

Additionally, since the setting change does not appear to apply retroactively, it still does not resolve the glitch where you cannot resize visuals like tables so they make contact with the report.

ph6932
Regular Visitor

Regarding the first problem ("New reports are no longer centered on the canvas but appear at the top of the screen"), how do we change this behavior on new reports?  The instructions in the link provided say, "You can now choose to align your report pages to the top the view instead of the center through the global report settings."  I have changed the option to align the page in the center of the wallpaper and tried turning off the new filter settings, but the alignment will not change on new reports.

ph6932
Regular Visitor

Does anyone get notified when there are follow up questions such as mine?  I've noticed that the original question is usually answered very quickly, but follow up questions are only sporadically answered.  I'm still looking for a solution to the alignment problem with reports after the last update.