Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Renaming report then downloading then uploading does not recognise it as the same report

I have a report which I renamed in the online service.  I then downloaded the report added a change, but when I reuploaded it instead of overwriting the old one it created a new instance and becasue of that doesnt allow me to update the content pacl.

Thanks

Chris

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Did you rename both of the report and dataset name? Please refer to my recorded video below, after rename report and dataset, have a refresh for the page and then try to download the PBIX file. In this way, I can overwrite the old one when republish.

If we do not refresh the page before downloading the PBIX, we will get a PBIX file which has the old name. Then after republish, the report and dataset will not be overwritten.

I've report this issue internally to Power BI Team: CRI 43813974. Please also let me know your issue is different with this one.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-haibl-msft

I am not sure if I refreshed the page.  No I only rename the report not the datastore.

Thanks

Chris

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Could you please rename the dataset and refresh the page after renaming to see if it can solve your problem?

Best Regards,
Herbert