Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Renaming column to blank

Hi Team,

We were able to rename a field to blank by simply double click on column name in Fields pane and just type SPACE and enter.

It was very helpful in case we need to hide selected column names instead of all.

Post July release, this has been restriced, now the same behavior does not allow blank but insread shows the same column name.

Can we get this back?

Prateek Raina

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @prateekraina,

The similar issue has been reported before internally: CRI 77582952. 

There was a bug in desktop where we allow the user to set white space/empty column names.. this has been fixed since

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

fanato
Advocate I

Hi,

If this was fixed, could you please suggest what would be the procedure to Hide the field name?  It is very useful for some cases.

Thanks

Feymar

judspud
Solution Supplier

Hi,

This is showing as delivered however I am unable to set the name of a field in a visual using SPACE and enter?

Please can you advise how to hide the name of a field in a visual without hiding all field names

Thanks,

George

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@fanato @judspud  As I posted before, it was the bug that allowed us to set column name as blank. As the bug is fixed now, it's not able to set column name as blank. 

If it's in a table visual, you can try the workaround below: 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu