Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reliability issues between on-premise gateway and Power BI service, ongoing refresh issues

We have observed frequent issues with the interaction of power bi service and the on-premise GW and have to date not been able to resolve these. They are severely impacting our ability to deliver reporting.

Context

* Multiple reports deployed to different works spaces

* Reports deployed through the POwer BI embedded solution to web portals

* GW depoyed to cluster of two VMs both with 16GB ram

Issues

* Dataset configuration within reports for GW connection and refresh schedule randomly disappears across single or multiple reports

* Schedule refreshes do not execute or show next refresh at Dec 31 9999

Thanks for any help

Miles

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mileshq,

* Dataset configuration within reports for GW connection and refresh schedule randomly disappears across single or multiple reports

Would you please share a screenshot to show the issue? Do you mean all gateway and schedule refresh settings are losing? Is configured gateway offline or last dataset refresh is failed? 

* Schedule refreshes do not execute or show next refresh at Dec 31 9999

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 91764923. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mileshq
Regular Visitor

Thanks you Qiuyun - Is there somewhere I can log in and see the ticket status for CRI 91764923?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mileshq,

It's internal only. I will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mileshq,

There is no ETA currently, please try below workaround: 

• Turn off the schedule refresh and turn it on back
  • If not re publish the report and turn the schedule refresh back

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu