Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relative filter is picking up tomorrow

I created a relative filter to show my today and yesterday.

I just opened up my report at 11:19pm tonight and the relative filter shows tomorrow. ( I created a now measure to double check that PBI does indeed know that it is still 5/26 and not 5/27 yet.

Anyone know why?

michaelu1_0-1653621663808.png

Hi @michaelu1,

This issue should be caused by the time zone. According to the official document, the slicer and filter are always based on the time in UTC. So it calculates relative date based on UTC time and if you are in a different time zone, then you will see the same data with the users that in UTC time zone. For more details, you can refer to Use a relative date slicer or filter in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @michaelu1,

This issue should be caused by the time zone. According to the official document, the slicer and filter are always based on the time in UTC. So it calculates relative date based on UTC time and if you are in a different time zone, then you will see the same data with the users that in UTC time zone. For more details, you can refer to Use a relative date slicer or filter in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

michaelu1
Helper II

Thank you.

I read the article, it seems that this would be a common need for users using the relative filter.

Is there any documentation on:

• You can convert data captured in a local time zone to UTC using the Query Editor.

I'm not sure how to do that.

Also, the screenshot that I sent was on Desktop - not in the service, if that makes a difference.