Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relative Date Slicer Issue in Power BI Service

There is an issue with the relative date slicer in Power BI service - one cannot select different options.

For instance, if you start creating a new report in the service and create a relative date slicer visual, you cannot change its default settings.

Or if you have a report developed in Power BI Desktop with a relative date slicer in it, when published to the service, you cannot select a different option for the slicer.

Capture.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Tsanka,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. 

Does the issue happen when using different browsers on your side? Would you please share a sample .pbix and your Power BI cluster location? 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Yesterday I registered the issue as a support case (118091118978758) and had a web call with your colleagues. The bug can be reproduced in Edge. The support team told me they will inform the product managers. For the moment the workaround is not to use Microsoft Edge.

Best regards

Tsanka

MarcoVank

We are seeing the same behaviour in all of our reports that are using relative date slicers.

We've seen this behaviour in all major browsers, Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

pratiksingh1
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue at MyEyeDr.

None of our reports within the browser space are able to use the relative date slice filtering.

All of the dropdowns are locked onto their default settings.

Nothing happens when an element from each of the dropdowns within the relative date filter is selected.

Desktop is working fine which leads me to believe that this is a server related issue.

Please let us know the details of the issue and timeline for fix as this is a major bug in our company wide reporting.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue has been reported internally: CRI 83941675. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information below: 

Yes, known issue, we patched DXT last night and MSIT will be fixed tonight. PROD is not affected.

Please test again tomorrow to see if the issue is gone. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Alex_Rajkov
Advocate III

Same here.

We are seeing the same behaviour in all of our reports that are using relative date slicers.

We've seen this behaviour in all major browsers, Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We still have the issue in all browsers, all workspaces and reports with a relative date slicer.

Best Regards,

Kaj

vcb

We also have the same issue with all our reports. Does someone know when it will be resolved?