Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relative Date Slicer Issue in Power BI Service

There is an issue with the relative date slicer in Power BI service - one cannot select different options.

For instance, if you start creating a new report in the service and create a relative date slicer visual, you cannot change its default settings.

Or if you have a report developed in Power BI Desktop with a relative date slicer in it, when published to the service, you cannot select a different option for the slicer.

Capture.PNG

Comments
Gerard_R
Frequent Visitor

Our organisation is having the same issue.  We are unable to select any of the options under a relative date slicer using Internet Explorer 11, Chrome or Firefox.  The option just stays on Select.

The slicer works on our Apple iPad Pro but does not work on Android (version 8.0.0)

mp_13_13
Regular Visitor

My organisation also has the same issue.
It is not a matter of browser (I've tried Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera- not working on any of these).

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

From Power BI support site :

"Update PB148615 - Can't change time periods

Current status: We've identified a configuration change that is causing this issue. The change was introduced through a recent update. We've developed a fix that is scheduled to be deployed to all affected users by Saturday, September 22nd, 2018. "

swhite77
Frequent Visitor

We're having the same issue.  All browsers (Chrome, IE, Edge).

Tsanka
Kudo Collector

Today I see the issue is resolved in the tenants that I have access to.

swhite77
Frequent Visitor

Still not working for our tenant.  In any browser.

abay
Frequent Visitor

This worked for a bit and today a user reported that the slicer (between) no longer works. Can't pick a date from the calendar.