Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relative Date Slicer: Can't Click on Slicer Options

When I create a Relative Date Slicer on Power BI Desktop it works, i.e. if I click on the drop down for Last / Next / This I can choose something.  When I publish that and access the report via my browser, while I can click on the drop and and see the value, I cannot select Last / Next / This.  The same applies to the drop down for Weeks / Months / etc.

Desktop slicer: this worksDesktop slicer: this worksOnline slicer: this doesn't allow mouse click selectionOnline slicer: this doesn't allow mouse click selection

My current workaround is to click in the numeric field in the middle, tab backwards and forwards between drop downs, and use Alt + down then the arrow keys to select what I need.  Well, that and remove them from reports because explaining that to users is a waste of time.

My Power BI desktop version is: 2.59.5135.601 64-bit (June 2018) (not that this probably matters as the drop downs work on Desktop).

The Power BI online version this is happening on is: 13.0.6700.151

Comments
alexhauge
Advocate I

Hello,

We are experiencing the same issue.  Can we get an estimate on when we can expect this to be fixed?

Thanks,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Power BI Support page lists the ETA for resolution on 9/21/2018 at 6:00 PM PDT.

taneja_lokesh
Frequent Visitor

Customers using relative date slicers will have problems when trying to change the time period value (e.g. weeks, months) using their mouse. As a workaround, users can use the keyboard to select the desired time period and press enter. Engineers have developed a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 9/23. Next update @ 9/21/18 at 6:00pm PDT

arnold

I am having the same issue Please fix ASAP.  Thanks.

nayan28apr
Helper I

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue. As a work around forced to use tab+arrow key+enter in order to apply filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

The relative date slicer works for me now. I have this online version.

image.png

samuelpereira
Frequent Visitor

Same problem faced here. At this point I'm having error replicating in 64-bit version 2.62.5222.761 (September 2018).

taneja_lokesh
Frequent Visitor

Relative date filter issue has been resolved for power bi service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is working in our workspaces.

samuelpereira
Frequent Visitor

Thanks!