Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relative Date Slicer: Can't Click on Slicer Options

When I create a Relative Date Slicer on Power BI Desktop it works, i.e. if I click on the drop down for Last / Next / This I can choose something.  When I publish that and access the report via my browser, while I can click on the drop and and see the value, I cannot select Last / Next / This.  The same applies to the drop down for Weeks / Months / etc.

Desktop slicer: this worksDesktop slicer: this worksOnline slicer: this doesn't allow mouse click selectionOnline slicer: this doesn't allow mouse click selection

My current workaround is to click in the numeric field in the middle, tab backwards and forwards between drop downs, and use Alt + down then the arrow keys to select what I need.  Well, that and remove them from reports because explaining that to users is a waste of time.

My Power BI desktop version is: 2.59.5135.601 64-bit (June 2018) (not that this probably matters as the drop downs work on Desktop).

The Power BI online version this is happening on is: 13.0.6700.151

Comments
pratiksingh1
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue at MyEyeDr.

None of our reports within the browser space are able to use the relative date slice filtering.

All of the dropdowns are locked onto their default settings.

Nothing happens when an element from each of the dropdowns within the relative date filter is selected.

Desktop is working fine which leads me to believe that this is a server related issue.

Please let us know the details of the issue and timeline for fix as this is a major bug in our company wide reporting.

ThomasB1
Regular Visitor

Same issue for me! All our reports are broken. Please fix as soon as possible. Thank you.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Steve_Bedford @ThomasB1 @pratiksingh1,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 83941675. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

willharris24
Advocate I

I have recently started to have to the same issue... the workaround outlined by Steve_Bedford above works...

however it is not appropriate for end users who don't understand why the obvious functionality doesn't work.  it is also leading them to question the reliability of the solution as a whole...

please address!

Pointed_Insight
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue -- was working fine last week.  Please fix ASAP.  Thanks.

edelfau
Frequent Visitor

This is similar, it worked correctly end of last week.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same issue.

RAdams
Helper III

Having the sames issues. Thanks!

R

leander
Regular Visitor

Yes, same here. End users cannot use their reports.