Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relationships between tables and PowerBI crash SQLDUMPER.exe

Hello everyone, 

Since the new December version has been released, I keep having crashes of Power BI over and over trying to link two tables... 

As soon as I want to create the link (drag and dropping a dimiension to a table to another table) the windows terminal opens with SQLDUMPER.exe and close/crash Power BI.

I have never experienced this before the last release.

Thank you for your help

Comments
evang550
Employee

Same issue...not much I can do until this get fixed. Needs to happen asap

rigosakh
Frequent Visitor

Seems to be fixed in Jan 18 release. Have not experienced any sqldumper crashes when managing relationships between tables after the update

eskyline
Resolver I

Installed the January release and we are still experiencing the issue.

jo_sunsuria
Regular Visitor

Hi Power BI team,

This does not seem to be an issue for relationships between DB tables but every time when I try to create a relationship between a view and a table, the terminal runs SQLDUMPER.exe and crashes the Power BI application. Same goes to relationships created between tables from linked server. (DirectQuery method)

Please advise.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jo

smchan00
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same problem.  Have not upgraded to January release because it would not allow me to publish from desktop.

Jenlues

Installed Feb 2018 Update the same Problem - in import mode its work.

DirectQuery crashes with the SQL Dumper black window. 

Please fix it 😞

matthewsmart84

I am also having the same issue after rolling up to Februrary 2018 update.  I have just rolled back to the last November 2017 update that was published which allows me to create the relationships without the SQL dumping.

JimJim
Helper V

I have just installed the Feb 2018 release of Power BI desktop and I have the same issue. I am trying to create a 1:M relationship between two tables (not views) and I get the SQLDUMPER.exe comand line window before Power BI desktop crashes. 

Jenlues

Hi,

can somebody upload the Nov 2017 Version ? English or German would be greate. 

Regards, 

Jenlues

zenatti
Regular Visitor