Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relationship Online?

I have built a relationship table on the Desktop. Basic mapping Scheduled date and complete date on a single date access. So built a date table, did hte relationship and used a few CALCULATE(SUM(....),USERELATIONSHIP(Complete,Date). Everything seems to be working fine and got what i wanted built. When i publish online though, the chart continues to break and not work. How come relationships arn't carrying over to online?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jsdanie1,

Would you please share a screenshot about "When i publish online though, the chart continues to break and not work."? 

Also please share the pbix file with us if possible. You can upload it to your OneDrive and share the link here or send it to me via private message. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

jsdanie1
Frequent Visitor

I actually might have a DAX formula i think might be breaking it. So i will test that out first. 

This is the below statement i was using. 

System Size DC - Installed Resi = IF(YEAR(Projects[Date Install Complete])=Year(Today()) && Projects[Division]<>"Commercial" && ISBLANK(Projects[Date Install Complete])=FALSE(),Projects[System Size (kW)],0)

i think the = Year (Today()) is what is breaking it, because once it goes online, it can't read the system time anymore. Going to update this statement and see if it breaks again tomorrow. if it does then i will send the file over. If it doesnt, then any ideas on how to rewrite the dax statement so it can include a better if equal "This Year" formula?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jsdanie1,

There is a known gap for the time zone displayed in Power BI Service. The time zone in the service is effectively always set to UTC. You can follow this KB to create a custom column in Query Editor, then replace the Year (Today()) in your formula with this custom column. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu