Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relationship Display is not saving changes

Is the relationships display in Desktop supposed to save the current position.  In other words, if I drag the hierarchy the way that I want, isn't it supposed to save it?  I seem to get constant issues where I clean up the display only to come back in and it is all hosed up.  Sometimes it seems to save it properly.  What am I missing? I had the one below all nicely laid out and then come back in later and it is all messed up per below.

Relationship Display.PNG

Comments
dcresp
Advocate IV

@DQuigg I totally agree. For me, this is the worst bug in Power BI. It was only with a lot of pushing with the service team that they got agreement to bring the fix forward to August. This bug drives me nuts and I agree it is surprising that more people have not screamed about it. 

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin

When I saw the screen caps from the summit yesterday, seeing dimensions scattered all around reminded me of this issue. I did take some solace from the announcement that the devs will be spending more time addressing usability issues like this one.

mhardy
Advocate I

This always happens when we load a report from a PBIT.  Everything always gets reset.  Very frustrating since most of our dev work starts by pulling a PBIT from git and loading it up.

dcresp
Advocate IV

MS support had indicated that this would be solved in the August issue of Desktop. I can confirm this is not the case. @mhardy I think you might be onto something and that it could be connected to publishing.  I consider this the worst and certainly longest running bug in PBI. I can not believe that MS has not fixed this yet. Please Please bring a fix for this major issue. 

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Another update, and yet another trashed data model layout !

Not updating again until this is fixed MS

justinh
Advocate IV

Please fix this Microsoft!

dcresp
Advocate IV

The September version of PBI Desktop has still not fixed this issue. Please MS look at this. 

pat_energetics
Advocate II

It appears that MS have announced and demonstrated a new diagram view function at the Ignite conference, but still listed as "coming soon".  

kcantor
Community Champion

It has been a long time for me but I was hit again today. 13 sources all lined up in a row went to crap today wwhen I opened the model.

Still not fixed.

dcresp
Advocate IV

I still get issue on a very regular basis. I have given up setting up diagram views which is really annoying. Hopefully the new diagram view should resolve this. Hopefully this will be in the Novermber release of Desktop.