Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relationship Display is not saving changes

Is the relationships display in Desktop supposed to save the current position.  In other words, if I drag the hierarchy the way that I want, isn't it supposed to save it?  I seem to get constant issues where I clean up the display only to come back in and it is all hosed up.  Sometimes it seems to save it properly.  What am I missing? I had the one below all nicely laid out and then come back in later and it is all messed up per below.

Relationship Display.PNG

Comments
dcresp
Advocate IV

I have not noticed this issue since the April edition of Desktop but very early days. How are others going?

DQuigg
Advocate III

It is a continuous chronic problem for me such that I just kind of workaround it. It is chronically annoying but I can't afford the time to troubleshoot it.  Very very elusive and doesn't follow a rhyme or reason.  

dcresp
Advocate IV

Totally agree @DQuigg I feel the same. Have you seen it since the April release of PBI Desktop?

DQuigg
Advocate III

@dcresp, I have not loaded April release yet (doing that this weekend) so no experience yet there, but not holding my breath.  

dcresp
Advocate IV

I have now been working on the April PBI Desktop since it came out. No sign of this problem yet with quite a bit of work done. Fingers crossed that it has now been solved. Please let me know if you see any sign of this in the April version. I have logged a support ticket with MS but of course, have had little to be able to demonstrate the cause of the issue. 

dcresp
Advocate IV

No such luck, I just opened the pbix file that I had been working on and the relationship display has been re-set. As always no idea of what reset it. Unfortunately, this issue still lives in the April Desktop.  

dcresp
Advocate IV

I have reported this issue on a support ticket only to get the following news. 

We received an update from the product team and filed a bug #88417. As of now, there is no ETA at this point on this fix.

Very disappointing that this does not seem to be getting any focus from MS. 

vsagan
Frequent Visitor

This is becoming a significant issue for our firm.

Can we please get an update?

dcresp
Advocate IV

Yes, this continues to be a major issue and I have spent many hours re-doing data diagrams. I have put this through MS support and they gave feedback that a fix is on the backlog and with some pushing said that it would come through in August. Not sure if this means that we will see it in the 23rd July version of Desktop or if we need to wait till next month. Fingers crossed it will be fixed soon. Certainly, a very major bug that has taken far too long to fix. 

DQuigg
Advocate III

I have given up on it.  Every time I spend significant time moving things around, they get jumbled up. I am just being careful and putting them in through the single form Manage Relationships. I am really surprised not more people are up in arms about this.