Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Relationship Display is not saving changes

Is the relationships display in Desktop supposed to save the current position.  In other words, if I drag the hierarchy the way that I want, isn't it supposed to save it?  I seem to get constant issues where I clean up the display only to come back in and it is all hosed up.  Sometimes it seems to save it properly.  What am I missing? I had the one below all nicely laid out and then come back in later and it is all messed up per below.

Relationship Display.PNG

Comments
freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin
dcresp
Advocate IV

Just spent half an hour setting up my data model correctly. Fingers crossed that this is the month that this issue is resolved.

SHOOKANSON
Advocate I

Let us know how you make out....

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Auto reformat seems to be triggered on addition of any new table to the data model.

The option to turn off this autoformat is required urgently.

kcantor
Community Champion

@pat_energetics

Mine wasn't a new table. It was editing the query of an existing table. I have disabled detect relationships and other options. today, I opened a small pbix that I had removed duplicates from due to importing from a web page. The data layout was hosed.  This is very frustrating. 

Even more frustrating is the lack of admitting this is an issue on Microsoft's part.

dcresp
Advocate IV

No luck. The March release of PBI Desktop has not solved this issue. However, I think I am closer to finding a trigger. It seemed to happen when PBI and in particular the background SQLAS is using high levels of memory and processor. Possibly trying to save the PBI file around this time could be a trigger. Still can't replicate it but this seemed to be the trigger. 

freder1ck
Kudo Kingpin

hmm. If the issue is related to saving the file, then autosave could be responsible for some of the intermittent/ hard to repro issues...

dcresp
Advocate IV

Grr just happened again. Nothing occurring around when it happened that I can put my finger on. 

dcresp
Advocate IV

I just had it happen again. I was using DAX Studio when it occurred. Has anyone else been using DAX Studio when the reset has happened?

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Dax studio not a factor for me. The layout gets nuked for me anytime I'm making significant changes to the queries, Its like something in the background checking the relationships between tables, even though the automatic relationship is turned off.....