Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refreshing error since July 28th, 2017

I'm pulling data from a webservice using a recursive function to iterate through them. It was working correctly for quite some time till july 28th, 2017. I've been testing simple queries now with no more than 2000 records (just 2 recursive calls to get the data) and the power bi said "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh".

I'm blocked now and no way out impacting users. Any thought? 

Thank you!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @hcontijoch,

1. Have you modified and republished the pbix file recently? Please follow this article troubleshoot the issue firstly: Troubleshooting unsupported data source for refresh.

2. How did you pull data from a web service using a recursive function? If possible could you please share the pbix file with us?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

hcontijoch
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your reply. Below the code I'm using to pull the data. I can't send the .pbi because has a valitation access token to the webservice with internal data.

let
 Url = "https://xxxxxxx", 
 NextPageToken = "",

GetPage = (Path)=>
 let
  Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents(Path)),
  NextList= @Source[data],
  NextPageToken = Source[cursors][next_url],
  result = try @NextList & @@GetPage(NextPageToken) otherwise @NextLis
 in
 result,

Data = GetPage(Url),
 #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(Data, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),

in
#"Column From Examples1"