Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refreshing delay while sharing to link

Dear Power BI Community,

Every day we publish the desktop report to the power bi server (with replacing old one). It replaces the report without any problem in the app. But when we get the link for sharing, it shows the report of one day ago. It took to be refreshed from 5 minutes to 1 hour, even more than it. 
It should be fixed.

P.S. We use Pro version of Power BI

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

From your description, it looks like you share the report with other user, but when the users access the report in Shared with Me section after you republish the report, the report keep displaying the old state. Right? 

Based on my test, after we republish the report, the users can refresh the browser page then the shared report will display with the new state. I would suggest you test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Actually, this is not what I mention.

The case is like that:

Suppose that today is the 23rd of June. I published my report to the app and send a link to Mark. The next day, I refreshed my report, published and replaced in the app then send a link to Mark. When Mark enters the link, he sees that values in the report are about yesterday. 

Actually, in the app, report replaces instantly but in the web link, it is not. 
It is good to point out that in very few cases web link also changes instantly.