Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Refreshing and saving dataflows failing for two days now

Hi,

I am managing a workspace in Power BI which has a number of dataflows. These dataflows have been working as expected until Sunday October 24th when all scheduled refreshes failed after 24 hours of processing. Typical refresh times are between couple of minutes to half an hour. Manually triggered refreshes are not getting completed either. When trying to modify a dataflow or to create a new one saving changes fails. There seems to be nothing mentioned regarding this in service status, so I assume this issue is specific to my workspace. Any idea what might be causing this and how I could resolve it? Thank you.

Comments
Juha
Frequent Visitor

I noticed that even though the refresh attempts result in a failure message after 24 h period, new records have been added to the data. Also the changes made are saved despite the error message.

JGroothedde
Advocate II

I had the same issue in Power BI Desktop with one addition: when trying to save a report i got the errormessage 'Invoke attempt failed'. 

I 'solved' it by installing the August 2021 version of Power BI.

Juha
Frequent Visitor

My problem concerns Power BI Service, so the Desktop version has no impact here.

JGroothedde
Advocate II

Ah excuse me, that makes sense.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, here are some related ICM about this issue, what the kind of your data source?

ICM: 267631884

This is an issue with Snowflake ODBC driver.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Juha
Frequent Visitor

This happens with all data sources: I mostly use Azure SQL server, but the same thing happens with a local Excel file as well. Dataflow refresh returns an error "Cannot acquire lock for model" and modifying an existing dataflow and trying to save changes returns “can’t save dataflow: unknown exception”.