Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refreshing Data cancels Direct Query on Power BI Desktop after June/2018 Update

I have a report that connects to our SQL DB on Direct Query mode.  Whenever I needed all visuals to show the most recent data, I would hit Refresh and after a few moments all visuals would be updated.

After the June/2018 update, when I hit refresh, the report switches to Import mode and loads all rows of the data model. I included some screenshots of the before/after update data import mode.  If I want to see new data, I have to close and reopen the report to force visuals to update.

I have other Direct Query enabled reports that work well, but cannot find anything that might explain why this particular report is failing to refresh properly.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Any solutions?

Changes to Import Mode after refreshing.Changes to Import Mode after refreshing.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @fVoss,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Which Power BI desktop version do you run? How about the result after updating the desktop to version 2.59.5135.601? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

fVoss
Regular Visitor

Thanks for replying.  I was running the first version to include the june update and just switched to the latest version (2.59.5135.601 64-bit) and the problem persists.