Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh stucks

Hi everybody, Im running in a problem, since 2 or 3 days ago I've been experiencing problems with my workspaces, for some reason refresh gets stuck randomly, I publish dataset as first time and everything is fine, it refreshes every 30 minutes however for some reason suddenly it gets stuck in a refresh, e.g. it takes like 2 minutes to refresh whole dataset but now it has been refreshing since 1:04 am and now its 8:09 am, I can't refresh manually, since I get the warning that there is already an active refresh, also I can't publish again pbix file, it gets stuck in publishing window spinning wheel. I've tried clearing cache, restarting gateway, also turning off machine where database is located, it is never stopping, the only way I've found is unpublishing app, deleting dataset which will remove all reports linked to it and then re

publish everything again, however it will work but next day stops again (at different hour)

salgadod_0-1656509319257.png  

salgadod_1-1656509369183.png

Hi @Anonymous 

What’s your data source and the connection mode of it? What kind of workspace is your dataset resided in ? 

I found a similar issue, you can refer to the operation inside. Hope it will help you !

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Service-refresh-stuck-for-more-than-2-hours/idi-p/2541501 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

What’s your data source and the connection mode of it? What kind of workspace is your dataset resided in ? 

I found a similar issue, you can refer to the operation inside. Hope it will help you !

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Service-refresh-stuck-for-more-than-2-hours/idi-p/2541501 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi  @v-yetao1-msft, thank you for your time and your help, data source is SQL server database, connection is by import query with incremental refresh on most tables (big ones) set to 2 days, also have connections to sharepoint online lists but using REST API to retrieve information since SP connector is very slow, basically those are my sources. Im not sure about workspace type, I've been learning PBI by myself so I don't know many technicalities, what do you mean? it is not "My workspace" it is a workspace pubished on a premmium capacity, with only one dataset. Dataset .pbi file doesn't contain visuals, there are like 20 reports connected to dataset on service so dataset is independant.

I took a look to the link and found the API for canceling refresh and also getting refresh information, I will develop a tool to detect refresh stuck and cancel it, I'll make some tests and give you feedback if I can solve my problem with that.

Thank you