Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh schedule failures

Recently we are continously facing this issue:

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

I have changed timeout time in data gateway config file and reduced the data load but they all do not work.

Anyone has suggestions, please?

Comments
miraglia
Advocate I

Click on Schedule Refresh.... then on Gateway connection.... then if there is green Status then select the datasource you have used and then click on apply.... 

Then you should be able to refresh.

Under Schedule refresh you can enter up to 8 different times

Best regards

kontroling
Regular Visitor

Hello, 

We are having the same problem for weeks.

Nothing helps.

Refresh takes too long, at the end we get the message: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError.

Has anyone managed to overcome this?

Best regards

miraglia
Advocate I

Hi , try this:

• Open Power BI Desktop
  • Open your PBIX-File
  • Go to File Options and Settings
  • Click Options
  • Go in the Section Current File --> Privacy
  • Click on Ingore the Privacy Level
  • Refresh whole model and Publish

Then retry the Refresh on the Web Service

Hope this helps

kontroling
Regular Visitor

HI @miraglia ,

Thank you for suggestion but unfortunately it didn't help.

We are still facing the same issue...

Best regards. 

miraglia
Advocate I

What are the datasources? Do you have date or date / times in it?

tyw214
Helper I

we had refresh failures to some data sources because apparently some sources have max API calls that can be made per day. 

miraglia
Advocate I

ok, than its clear..... eventually you can switch to another method which not goes through api calls... but this has to be handled through the data owner.

reevet
Regular Visitor

We are getting the intermittent "GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError" error on multiple different sources (SQL, Oracle, SAP HANA) when refreshed through the gateway. We thought it was a bottleneck in our gateway cluster so we added another node. Still getting the error. We have a ticket in with Microsoft but no solution yet.

miraglia
Advocate I

Please post the full error message to this post. When you click on Refresh History. 

reevet
Regular Visitor

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Refresh failed:

[REPORT NAME] has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_TimeoutError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: [MY TABLE].

Next refresh for [REPORT NAME] is scheduled for July 21, 2020 18:00 UTC.