Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh preview issue when using date filter

Since the last update (July), whenever i do a date filter in the Power Query Editor, I have to manually press the button Refresh Preview, to see the results of my filter. It does not automatically refresh the preview.

It says "This table is empty" when i apply the filter. When i press the button, it gives results.

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@jeffreynijssen,

I am unable to reproduce this issue using my sample table in Power BI Desktop July release. Could you please post screenshots about how you apply date filter in Query Editor?

0.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

jeffreynijssen

Yes ofcourse. Make sure you try to reproduce this with a Date field. I used the training database from the EDX training.

Apply filter:

PBI Photo1.JPG

Results is an emtpy list, when i press the button, i do have results. In the release from december 2017 this was still automatic.

PBI Photo2.JPG

PBI Photo3.JPG

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@jeffreynijssen,

I test with a Date field, however, I am still unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please clear cache in Power BI Desktop and try again?

Regards,
Lydia

jeffreynijssen

Hello Lydia,

I tried clearing the cache but it gives the same result. I am able to reproduce this on two different laptops.

Yesterday one of my laptops was still on the version of Power BI Dekstop december 2017, i tried the same filter and the 'bug' did not occur.

In your screenshot you used a date/time field, that's why i commented on using a Date only field.

Are you using a MS Access file as data source?

Maybe you can try this MS Access database and mimic my screenshots:

https://github.com/MicrosoftLearning/Analyzing-Visualizing-Data-PowerBI/blob/master/Lab1/PowerBI%20A...

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@jeffreynijssen,

I test with your Access file in Power BI Desktop August release , however, I am still unable to reproduce this issue.

Would you please update your Power BI Desktop and re-connect to the Access database to check the issue?

Regards,
Lydia

jeffreynijssen

It seems like this issue is fixed in the august release!

Now it refreshed perfectly after apply'ing the filter.

It tested it on one machine (my Dell work laptop), will also test this on my private machine (MS Surface Laptop) just to be sure.

Thank you for all of your help!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered