Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh not finishing

I have a refresh that Power BI thinks hasn't finished, but when I go into the report I have built with that dataset I can see the new data.

I have two questions:

1.  What has caused this to occur?

2.  How do I kill off this refresh process so I can run the next one?

Refresh History.png

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @ross27 ,

What is the corresponding data source? How long have you waited since the refresh started? Did this problem occur to all datasets or a specific dataset?

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

ross27
Advocate II

Hi @v-yulgu-msft ,

The data source is an Azure Blob Storage container that holds json files.  When a new file is published to this location a refresh is triggered that loads all the contents of the container.  About 2 hours after a file was added to the container and the latest refresh started I noticed that the data from this new file was actually available in the report, but the refresh wasn't showing as finished.  This is a problem as the app that triggered the refresh was also still waiting to be told it had finished so it could move on to its next task.  The status eventually became "Complete" after around 5 hours, but I'd also kicked off another refresh manually by then so I'm not sure if this had some sort of effect.

This is on a Premium P1 node and I don't believe there were any other refreshes running on the node at this time.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @ross27 ,

This issue should have been resolved, please test on your side.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted