Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh from Service Fails but power BI Desktop working fine

Hi,

I am having an issue with refreshing the Power BI Service.

In Refresh history message is showing  Invalid Credentials,I have checked the gateway cluster settings.It is showing online :You good to go 

I am able to refresh the data in PowerBI Desktop any time with you any fail.Publish the report and try to update it is showing below error .

Here is the message I am receiving when I try to refresh the data.

Details     Type                           Start                                       End                             StatusMessage

On demand           14/12/2017, 14:24:27      14/12/2017, 14:24:31           FailedInvalid connection credentials.

Scheduled             14/12/2017, 13:30:19       14/12/2017, 13:37:38            FailedInvalid connection credentials.

Please help 

Thanks,

Anand 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Please go to Dataset Settings, check if the dataset is configured by that on-premise data gateway, and the used gateway is online.

2. Please update the on-premise data gateway to the latest version. 

3. Please share detail information for us to reproduce the issue, eg: data sources used in the dataset, import or DirectQuery.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info