Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh failure (Bigquery)

For the past few days, when trying to refresh data, I've been getting the following error:

ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (70) Invalid query: Invalid page token

Hi @Anonymous,

May I know whether your issue is happening when you refresh your dataset or dataflow? Could you please tell more details about this issue? Thanks in advance!

In addition, according the error message, it looks like something related to permission or token. Could you please try these steps?

1 Clear the cookie/cache of your browser and try again

2 Update the credential of your data source and try again

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous,

May I know whether your issue is happening when you refresh your dataset or dataflow? Could you please tell more details about this issue? Thanks in advance!

In addition, according the error message, it looks like something related to permission or token. Could you please try these steps?

1 Clear the cookie/cache of your browser and try again

2 Update the credential of your data source and try again

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cazheng-msft 

The error occurs when trying to refresh dataset. The problem is not limited to any single dataset and affects datasets that have worked fine for months and have not been changed recently.

In Service I get this:

Screenshot 2022-08-02 090119.png

And in Desktop (Version: 2.107.841.0 64-bit (July 2022)) this:

Screenshot 2022-08-02 090853.png

I have cleared the cache and updated the credientals as suggested. Not sure what other details I could give.

reports_monica
Regular Visitor

We have the same issue too, since Monday.

We tried everything, ( update gateway credentials / refresh in local / refresh in the app ... )  and when we go to the dataset in local and tries to connect to BQ , sometimes it works and sometimes not saying invalid page token , or table is empty . In case  it works when you publish on the app, and when refresh from the app could happen different new errors 

-Invalid page token 

-Table is empty ( when it´s not) 

-Missing X column ( when it´s not ) 

algo_crawl
Regular Visitor

We have exactly the same issue.  Also started on Monday.

Have also tried all the suggestions with no success. Refresh fails 9 times out of 10 in both Service and Desktop, with the same errors already mentioned.

The only thing that has been working is to refresh each BigQuery table individually - still running into errors, but less often than a full refresh.

reports_monica
Regular Visitor

On Saturday some of my reports refreshed fine on the PBI app, but today having the same issues trying to retrieve data from Bigquery 

reports_monica_0-1659947896780.png

algo_crawl
Regular Visitor

What ended up working for me was to import all my datasets into a new BigQuery project. Tested setting up a new dashboard using the failing datasets, and realised I couldn't see them in PowerBI at all (but could see datasets in a couple of other projects). 

Moving these into a new project seems to be working perfectly - all my refreshes are running 100% again. Still not sure what the underlying issue is though.

Tezetsu

Hello,

We have the exact same problem for all our local reports (through PowerBI Desktop) or reports deployed in PowerBI Service.

Do you have any estimation when the service will be back ?

BR

hhll

Same problem since 2 days, the hourly refresh is always failed.

" Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.. Key = <ccon>[Name = "xxxxxxxxx"]. Table = #table({"Name", "Description", "Data", "Kind", "DisplayName"}, {}). </ccon>;The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: T_yyyyyyyy.

"

The bigqueries work but report datasource can't be refreshed.

Any news or progress on this issue ?

reports_monica
Regular Visitor

Good morning, 

@Anonymous @hhll @Tezetsu Where you able to solve the issue with the connection to Bigquery

I´m still unable to refresh nor in Desktop or service. Dataset is unable to connect to Bigquery, error says 

"The table has no visible columns and cannot be queried" , when the table is correct in bigquery , no name changes, or project name change or similar 

Thanks in advanced 

Tezetsu

Hi @reports_monica ,

No the problem is still there.

We opened an incident to MS PowerBI team and did a call with the support.

They are reviewing the traces to know what is happening and if a fix must be deployed.

Best regards