Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh failing for Sharepoint Web Connection "Unable to connect to the data source undefined"

This started happening yesterday and has been broken since.  I can refresh the report in power bi desktop with no issues and publish to the web.  But when i try to run or schedule the refresh on the web it fails with the below error. 

MEEnergy_0-1605810118739.png

MEEnergy_1-1605810164178.png

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @MEEnergy 

You may try to update power bi desktop and gateway to the latest version and then try it again.

and also have a look this blog:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/PowerBI-intermittent-Refresh-Failure-Unable-to-conne...

Regards,

Lin

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

This seems to have started after I updated the gateway to the november version.  Both PBI desktop and the gateway are on the newest versions and the issue still persists.  

MEEnergy
Frequent Visitor

I just reverted the gateway back to Octobers release and it is refreshing fine now without errors.  Something is wrong with the November Gateway release.  Please look into this.  Seems to only affect reports that have mixed SQL and Sharepoint data sources.

MEEnergy_0-1605905765507.png