Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Refresh failed

Hi

I get an email about refresh failure every 2-3 days.

The error is:

Refresh failed:

Usage has failed to refresh.
Failure details:

Column 'Version' in Table 'Common versions' contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table. Table: Common versions.

It should be easy to understand that the table 'Common versions' contains empty rows under 'Version' column, however, the query is something like this:

union app_start
| where PipelineInfo_IngestionTime between (startofday(ago(28d)) .. startofday(now()))
| where isnotempty(App_Version)
| summarize (t, Version) = arg_max(PipelineInfo_IngestionTime, App_Version) by Machine = Device_Id
| top-hitters 10 of Version
| project Version = NormalizeVersion(Version), Machines = approximate_count_Version
| where isnotempty(Version)

The app_start table has tons of data and the query result is never empty

From time to time I also get the following refresh error:

Refresh failed:

Usage has failed to refresh.
Failure details:

We cannot convert a value of type Record to type List. Table: Common version index.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sagi

Please open the report in Power BI desktop, click on Refresh button to see if the refresh is successful. 

If the refresh is failed, please go to Query Editor to check each step in each query table, find which step is broken, please share corresponding detail error information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

sagi

No problem refreshing

This also set to refresh about 3 times a day, I only get this error about once every 2 days, meaning most of the auto refresh processes completes successfully 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sagi

As the issue occurs intermittently, it's hard to provide further help on forum side. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jasona-msft

I have the same problem.  However I don't see the option to "Continue to support ticket" as shown above.