Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh failed in power bi service with oracle data source added in on premise gateway

Something went wrong
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Underlying error code: -2147467259 Table: PMF_AMI_STAT.
Underlying error message: The key didn't match any rows in the table.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key: [Name = "PMF_AMI_STAT"]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason: Expression.Error
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-CENTRAL-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: a54a18d7-681b-4094-8feb-5acfbe5ce1af
Request ID: d9c9bff4-2096-6743-a1c7-2dc28eeec03c
Time: 2018-08-28 15:48:04Z

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @praneeth,

Please refresh the same report in Power BI desktop check if the same issue occurs. 

Also please go to Query Editor and relationship view to check if something wrong between table PMF_AMI_STAT and  PMF_AMI_DOC_STAT. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

praneeth
Frequent Visitor

In desktop able to refresh but when I tried to refresh in power bi service at that time showing error. And also able to connect with data source under gateway and report dataset

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @praneeth,

Please update on-premises data gateway to the latest version then test again. 

Please share gateway log files if issue persists: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#tools-for-troubleshooting

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

praneeth
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I need confirmation for below details. 

I'm using oracle database as data source. For example server name is xxx.xxx.com:1024/apddbpe.world 

and added that server under on premsis gateway with credtentials user name -- aaaa password -- aaa1 

In desktop report data source is connecting with same server under gateway but user crdentials are different from above. I published report to workspace and connected dataset with data source under gateway successfully. But when I refreshing report getting error.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @praneeth,

The credential shouldn't be the case as the Oracle data source created under on-premises data source is successful. 

Have you went through gateway log files? Is there any useful information? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

FrederikDec
Frequent Visitor

I'm having a similar issue. 

The update works in Power BI Desktop, connecting to an Oracle database but does not work in the service since a week or two. 

It also gives an "Cannot connect to the mashup data source. " - error but with a different reason:

Oracle: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Since this query works on the desktop version, the error can not be correct so I suggest the service modifies the Query that is sent to Oracle and our two issues are related.

Can anyone help? Latest version of on-premise gateway is installed.

Regards

Frederik