Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh failed: Cancellation occurred when sending or receiving a request.

Hi, I've got two reports that won't refresh in the service, scheduald/manually, but works fine in desktop. 

I'm using the latest version of the On-premises data gateway (installed on a azure server) and it works with other reports using the same sources. 

I've had this problem for about two weeks now. 

I've tried to read the log but don't know what I'm looking for..

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share gateway log files? 

As the refresh is failed, there should be a error message with RequestID and ClusterURI, would you please share these information as well? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:7ac293ec-8c01-c9be-5050-8f8d382463ee
Request ID:7dd65449-b642-39c8-5395-44bf01947039
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

1. Which data source does the report get data from? Do you import or use DirectQuery mode? There is a limitation when using DirectQuery: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-directquery-data-sources

2. Does the report have large amount of data? Please reduce data model size then refresh again to see if the issue persists. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I import from several different SQL databases. The two reports that are failing are 136MB and 55MB in pbix files. 

They haven't grown noticeably the last months. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Till now, it's hard to provide further suggestions on forum side. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support from Microsoft. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered