Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh dataset error

Normally, our biggest dataset which about 1 GB takes around 20-30 minutes to finish refreshing data everyday without problem. But last  2 day 30-Jun-2022 and 1-July-2022 (and I think it will continue to fail), it took more than 5 hours to refresh and eventually failed. Our data source is Google Big Query without gateway with import data to Power BI.

I checked the status of Power BI in each region and found that they are running smoothly. And I’ve tried download the reports and refreshed them on Power BI Desktop and refreshed the reports on demand in Power BI Service both of them turn out failed.

I very curious what happened for the last 2 days.

peeraya_0-1656663827363.png

And I’ve tried download the reports and refreshed them on Power BI Desktop

Since it refresh failed in Power BI Desktop, is there any error message about it in Power BI Desktop or did you consider that the credentials of the dataset has been configured correctly and not be changed?

In addition, based on the error message in Power BI Service, have you put this dataset in a normal workspace or a premium workspace? You can try to reduce the size of your dataset to create a new report with the same data source to refresh it to check this issue again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating
And I’ve tried download the reports and refreshed them on Power BI Desktop

Since it refresh failed in Power BI Desktop, is there any error message about it in Power BI Desktop or did you consider that the credentials of the dataset has been configured correctly and not be changed?

In addition, based on the error message in Power BI Service, have you put this dataset in a normal workspace or a premium workspace? You can try to reduce the size of your dataset to create a new report with the same data source to refresh it to check this issue again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li