Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh data - gives pending changes in queries

The bug I fell is introduced in April 2020 of Power BI dekstop - when I do refresh data, after it succesfully refreshes I get the "pending changes" message, even though I have not made any changes. To get rid of it I have to refresh (almost) every function in the Query Editor and Apply and Close.

Additional info: keep in mind that my functions are not lock linked to a query due to high parametrization goal of my application (to not come into privacy level issues) - data source serves is parametrized. Anyways, there was no problem like that 2 months ago.

PBI_refresh_data_pending_changes_bug.png

PBI_refresh_data_pending_changes_bug_2.png

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I cannot reproduce the issue. Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft 

I have re-downloaded just now the last version PBI desktop and re-tried the refresh and I get the same thing when I (only) refresh

PBI_refresh_data_pending_changes_bug_also_after_last_ver_2020_06_09.png

liz72
Advocate I

I had this error. When I 'discarded' the changes (after saving first), it was to do with a merged query that I'd chosen to ignore the privacy policy on. Changed to organisational and the warning disappeared.