Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh - apply changes _bug

There still this bug that when I manually (locally) in Power BI desktop refresh my model data, I get the "Apply Changes" message. To solve it I have to go in "Edit queries" and click refresh on every query that is in the "unrefreshed state" and then Close and Apply. This gets rid of the message, but it is a pain to do this every day.

Please somehow solve this bug, you can contact if you need more information. (the bug was introducted with the May/June 2020 update I think)

refresh_to_apply_changes_bug.pngrefresh_to_apply_changes_bug_edit_queries.png

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

It means there're pending errors in query editor, you need to solve the query firstly in query editor and then apply queries.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft ,

I am sorry to inform you but it is not the case. I am an experienced developer and this happens when I refresh all data in PBI dekstop (there are no errors in the queris), before making modifications and the message appears after the refresh successfully complete. It's why I am claiming it is a bug.

The thing is that my functions are not defined automatically (linked), but custom (not linked to a 'query', because of an parametrization technique), but this should not be the problem (but maybe the bug lies in here).

Regards,

Jani Zajc