Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh Issues - SQL - Tales refreshing when they shouldn't

I have the latest version of Power BI desktop, and I have a large data set coming in from SQL. Since our history is not changing, I pulled that in seperate to make the refresh process faster. However, I am noticing that when I refresh my board, all of my queries are refreshing. This was not an issue in the past, as I have done this before with no problem. 

For the history that I don't want to refresh, please note that I have "Include in Report Refresh" turned off (no check mark next to it and grayed out). 

I have combined my files into an aggregated table. I am able to refresh the individual tables withing Query Editor just fine, but then it refreshes again (for almost an hour +) when I try to apply the update. Same if I refresh from the main dashboard page. 

Thoughts? 

Note: I may be slow to respond over the coming holiday weekend, but will try to be as active as I can. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @StephAngle

Please check if this "history" table has any dependency on any other table. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu