Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh Failure PBI Service - "Information is needed"

Hello,

I am unable to refresh my dataset in the PBI Service.  The dataset queries files located in a shared folder on OneDrive for Business.  We do not use a gateway for this dataset.  

I clicked on each of the Data Source Credentials links and they are all set to OAuth2 and Privacy Level = None.  

I am able to refresh the dataset successfully through the desktop.  

Refresh Error.JPGRefresh Error.JPGRefresh Error.JPG

Error: 

Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Message: Information is needed in order to combine data Table: Services_All.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 30079acd-eab6-4b23-b364-0184b051896f
Request ID: 3f4e2a5c-1901-ecf9-6fc1-2f2bc756b946
Time: 2019-06-25 13:55:47Z

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please open the report in Power BI desktop, go to Data Source Settings, check the Privacy Level for each Web data source, then set the same Privacy level for each data source in Power BI service, then refresh the dataset again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I did as you suggested and, unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue. 

All Privacy settings in the desktop are set to None.  I published the file to the Service and checked the settings in the service.  All Privacy settings were set to None in the Service and the refresh failed. 

Next, I changed the Privacy settings in the Service to Organizational, even though the Privacy setting in the PBIX is set to None.  The refresh was successful in the service.  

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 130079279. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

I got information that "In the desktop they set the privacy level to none and also set Always Ignore privacy levels, so that None setting is not honored.  Setting the Global Privacy setting to "Always combine data according to your Privacy Level settings for each source" will be similar to how the refresh happens in service.". 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu