Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh BigQuery data(error)

Im try refresh my Big Query data

And im get this error message

MessageERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Exceeded rate limits: Your user_method exceeded quota for api requests per user per method. 

Cluster URIWABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID67a3881e-e6af-ac24-ef72-993f1e887bf7
Request ID0a518bce-f399-a97f-06b7-305d62b00daf
Time2018-05-05 18:53:40Z

Im not reach any big query limits.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rw-brusnika,

There is a limitation on Big Query side: 

API requests per second, per user — 100
Concurrent API requests, per user: 300

Please ensure you don't hit this limitation, see: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/quotas#api_requests

Also please try to refresh in Power BI desktop for the same report to see if any error occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

iyadaqel
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I'm having the same issue as above, and i'm only fetching a couple of rows from 3 different tables. 

Its weird that when i referesh from the PowerBI Desktop i'm not having any issue, but when i'm refreshing from the Web app i'm having the issue. It seems like a bug in the  web app? 

rw-brusnika
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

This error repeat on power bi desctop when im try refresh all big query tables.

How i can solve this problem?

danzrust
Helper IV

Same here. The issue started only recently.

I can get this message 20 times when trying to refresh. Then I refresh for 21st time and it goes through.

Not sure where the problem is but it's super annoying.

DZ

iyadaqel
Frequent Visitor

@HI @v-qiuyu-msft 

based on everyones input, do you think we should report this as a bug? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiecing the same issue.

Further, the request cannot be seen in the Google Cloud Console, where I would have expected it to show as an error due to quota limitations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue. This is the first time I am trying to connect since installing PowerBI.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates"

bartvandervurst
Regular Visitor

We experience the same Issue since 2 weeks: sometimes the refresh works; most often it doesn't. 
How can we solve?

Dominaky
Frequent Visitor

Same thing here. Breaks my automatic refresh about once a week. Has anyone report this yet?

danzrust
Helper IV

My observation is that I get this error in very complex datasets with many merges & appends when the source tables sit in Big Query.

When I refresh simple datasets with no lookups/appends, I am able to download even 50M rows from Big Query tables via Power BI with no issues.

DZ